Thursday, December 06, 2007

Whatever Happened to Macha?

I'm alive, folks. And overflowing with all manner of stuff I want to write about.

Samhain events have caused me to re-evaluate my connections with Reclaiming (whatever that is), to ponder upon dysfunction and roles and honor and honesty and scapegoating and straight-talking and too many other factors to itemize.

My time at Between the Worlds in Delaware was unbelievably affirming. I felt clear and strong and articulate. I felt that my voice was welcome and respected. I was able to hear support for who I am and the value of what I bring to Paganism, to my own communities, to friends and colleagues.

I came home sick and took to my bed with the flu for the entire week after I returned. I still have a lingering cough. Just as well, because I had no money to attend the Conference on Contemporary Pagan Studies (CCPS) and the AAR Annual Meeting in San Diego the following week. I was really disappointed. Here it was right in California; I could have driven. But going this year was not in the cards.

Talking, analyzing and planning with ICT (Independent Craft Teachers), a newish group, small and intimate, deciding on what we want to do now that we are beyond being a counter-influence in the WitchCamp scene (which I never was), has helped in this re-examination.

This period has inspired me to redo my website, with my friend Panthera Orbweaver doing the heavy lifting, as well as to update my résumé. Neither is quite finished yet. Readers of this blog will be among the first to know when they're ready.

On Sunday Richard Man took a series of photos of me in my friend Freyja's backyard in Atherton. Expect to be seeing them soon, too.

At Marin Interfaith Council's quarterly retreat this past Monday I achieved more clarity.

So I guess you could say I've been doing inner work. Obviously I've not been playing in the Pagan blogosphere. I'm back now, though, so please return in a few days if you've a mind.

5 comments:

Hecate said...

Glad that you're back. i missed your posts!

Memory Echoes said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! I've also missed your posts.

I thought you'd be very interested in what's going on in my neck of the woods: http://www.telluridewatch.com/articles/2007/12/07/news/doc4758945c78418031262649.txt

I'm wondering about the press release you created -- it's arguably of "regional interest" now, so maybe we can work it into a story for The Telluride Watch.

You don't happen to know Art Goodtimes, do you?

Memory Echoes said...

http://www.telluridewatch.com/articles/2007/
12/07/news/doc4758945c78418031262649.txt
(it disappeared into the blogosphere)

Memory Echoes said...

Also (sorry to be a comment hog), your comments are most welcome. We're going to be getting a lot of right-wing haters registering their opinions, and we're publishing the comments in the paper.

CLARE SLANEY said...

Dearest Macha,

Over on the opposite side of the Planet, I'm sharing your flu and have just had a shaking fit in Kilburn where I almost coughed my lungs up!

Take time. Your work is valuable and valued.

Much love, many blessings, Happy Solstice!

love

cs