Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Merry May!

We started the day before dawn by observing our annual pilgrimage to sign up the Sun with the Berkeley Morris Dancers at Inspiration Point in Tilden Park in Berkeley, followed by lavish buffet with crêpes, fresh strawberries, carmelized walnuts, blueberries, lemon curd, creamed spinach, bacon, sausage, whipped cream, fresh pumpkin bread, blueberry muffins, orange juice, coffee and teas, catered by Rob Byckoff. Mmm-mmm. Plus plenty of schmoozing and singing more May carols. Victoria tells more about our celebration, with photos. She took this photo of Corby and me just after sunrise.


I had a long, deep, loving phone conversation with my Holy Terrors coven sister Sophia Sparks. We don't get the chance to talk of visit often, but when we do our rapport is as smooth as ever and I always benefit from her wisdom.

Being told that a link to something I wrote about this Berkeley May Morn tradition was circulated with the invitation to the post-sunrise breakfast brightened my day even further. Later Green Egg announced the publication of their Beltaine issue containing something I wrote for GE way back in 1996.

I'm telling you all these things, dear reader, to keep my spirits up.

Blessed Beltane to all!

2 comments:

Ms Dragonfly said...

Mmmm, that food carried me away . . .

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it, but my cold is the better for it, now.

See you Saturday?